Who are We Looking For?
On a small team like ours, every new hire is critical, so we don’t shy away from setting high expectations. We are looking for a confident self-starter who can use their ambition, creativity and amazing people skills to help drive sales, build brand loyalty, and take care of all types of customers.
The ideal candidate will love interacting with customers and clients, have a hunger to learn about both B2B and B2C sales channels, and have an affinity for measuring and hitting key performance indicators.
The Customer Service Specialist supports the Director of eCommerce, acting as our primary point person for exceptional B2C customer care. You’ll act as the caring, capable, friendly face of our product brands online and over the phone. You’ll provide exceptional customer service via chat, e-mail and phone. You’ll answer questions, solve problems, take a few orders, and generally surprise and delight our current customers. You’ll help us identify opportunities, track issues and generally be our eyes and ears out on the web – all while using this entry-level position as a career springboard to a larger role in our fast-growing Sales, Marketing, Product Development or Operations teams!
Success in this role will require hard work, a willingness to roll up your sleeves, attention to detail, and an eagerness to learn new skills. In return for your effort, your passion and your attention to detail, you’ll have a chance to make a meaningful contribution from day one, and to grow quickly within our organization. At Venturi, Customer Service is a launching pad, not a destination. We will train you on our systems and processes. We will support you. We will give you clear direction and valuable learning opportunities to expand your business skills. And over time, you’ll learn marketable skills from savvy, seasoned pros who share your drive for success, gaining valuable real-world experience that can catapult you into your next role.
- Provide exceptional customer care to all Venturi customers via phone, e-mail, web, and (occasionally) mail (*no face-to-face customer care interactions).
- Support Venturi’s Sales team by representing the brand when responding to customer inquiries and product questions.
- Track, analyze, and report on key statistics including customer contact volumes, product quality issues, order fulfilment issues and sales goals.
- Assist our Sales, Marketing and/or Product Development teams with special projects as requested.
Professional Skills You’ll Need
- BA in Marketing, Sales or related field preferred
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant work experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite with a focus in Excel
Experience & Personal Attributes We’re Looking For
- Friendly, outgoing, customer-focused personality
- A self-motivated, solutions-focused mindset
- Proven ability to learn new business systems, programs, and processes
- Passion for growing sales
- Positive attitude and a willingness to learn
- Ability to handle a wide range of support tasks and carefully manage priorities
- Ability to thrive in a small teamwork environment, maintaining strong, positive working relationships
This position is a genuine opportunity to flourish. You’ll hold ownership of programs and results. You’ll have permission to fail, as long as you’re failing forward. You’ll have the chance to lead and/or participate in valuable training/teaching/mentoring opportunities. You’ll have a chance to work with seasoned entrepreneurs, in a fun, family-focused environment, at an invigorating pace (every day).
Want in? OK – Impress us! If this job gets you excited, tell us why. Be yourself, speak from the heart. Show us how much you care about the quality of your work, your desire to learn, and your inability to settle for the status quo. Show us who you are. To apply, please submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.