Who are We?
We’re Venturi, an award-winning manufacturer/distributor/retailer of consumer products headquartered in beautiful Traverse City, Michigan. We design, manufacture, distribute and sell hundreds of products via multiple established consumer brands, including:
- SlipX Solutions® – Bath & Shower Accessories
- Crystal Creek® – Bath & Shower Mats
- TarGard® – Cigarette Filters
We currently sell to national retailers like Kroger, Lowes and Walgreens; regional retailers like Meijer, Menards and Fred Meyer; and hundreds of smaller businesses around the world. We also run a vibrant, fast-moving direct to consumer business, selling through our own branded websites as well as top-tier online marketplaces like Amazon.com, Walmart.com, Target.com and more.
We’re a fun, fast-moving, passionate team. We work smart, think big and put our customers first. We’re busy these days aggressively growing our domestic B2C sales channel, expanding into new marketplaces, dreaming up new product innovations, and exploring creative ways to reach key consumer audiences.
Our Small but Mighty Marketing Crew
Venturi’s omni-channel sales success depends heavily on the creativity and productivity of our very small, hard-working Marketing team. Their work is diverse and interesting; their pace is “spirited”; and their opportunities to learn and grow are endless. We’ve been at the consumer product sales game long enough to know that what worked yesterday won’t necessarily work tomorrow, so we are constantly trying new tricks, tools and techniques to drive online sales conversions. We also know that in the fast-paced world of B2C sales, you need dedicated, talented experts in every Marketing seat in order to keep cranking out great ideas, compelling content, and creative acquisition campaigns.
Who We’re Looking For Today
On a small team like ours, every new hire is critical, so we don’t shy away from setting high expectations. This time around? We’re looking for a creative content super star. We’re currently searching for a passionate, experienced creative leader to drive and develop Venturi’s content machine – from customer messaging to product presentations to brand building efforts. We need a proven brand builder, a creative spark, a “customer whisperer”. We need someone who can develop compelling product presentations, crank out engaging advertising content, and weave enticing tales about established and emerging brands. In short, we need you.
As our new head of Marketing Creative, you’ll put the heart and soul into our ongoing branding and selling efforts. You’ll have your hands in every pot; you’ll leave your mark in every corner of our business; and you’ll ensure that everything from social media posts to sales presentations to online color palettes tie together to tell compelling, conversion-driving tales. You’ll be a do-er and a leader – directing the efforts of 3rd party creative partners as needed to deliver on time, on spec, on brand creative output. As Venturi’s Head Creative Honcho, the omni-channel retail world will be your canvas – you will be encouraged (and expected) to explore, attempt, test and learn.
Professional Skills You’ll Need
Demonstratable real-world experience creating and optimizing content for omni-channel sales/marketing/advertising programs.
- Proven ability to lead in a fast-paced, highly fluid work environment.
- Proven ability to “work lean”, getting more done with less and always looking for ways to enhance efficiency.
- Hands on experience building new brand identities and strengthening existing ones.
- Previous team leadership experience, preferably in a Creative Director/Leader capacity.
Proven ability to thrive in a fast-paced, highly fluid, often resource-constrained creative environment.
- A deep understanding of core creative skill sets and how they fit together – including copywriting, graphic design, illustration, photography, video production, and more.
- Demonstratable success integrating great raw input from others into cohesive, concise, compelling messages that drive consumers to purchase.
Experience & Personal Attributes We’re Looking For
- BA in Marketing, Business Administration or related field (*or commensurate real-world experience)
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant creative marketing experience – preferably overseeing omni-channel marketing programs, campaigns and 3rd party specialists.
- Proven leadership experience – ability to set direction; articulate and champion a vision; secure team buy-in; keep teams on task and motivated to hit deadlines; and react positively to surprise obstacles and opportunities.
- Extremely effective communication skills – written and oral.
- Creative problem-solving skills.
- Exceptional organization and prioritization skills, combined with the flexibility to pivot and adjust to surprise developments.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple programs/plans/personalities simultaneously.
- A friendly, approachable, optimistic personality
Want in? Then impress us! If this job gets you excited, tell us why. If you’re the creative super star we’ve been looking for, go on – crow about yourself a little bit! Speak from the heart, show us how much you care about the things you create, the people you lead, and your desire to learn and grow. Help us understand why we’re lucky to be hearing from you.
To apply, please submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
***Venturi is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.