Who are We Looking For?
On a small team like ours, every new hire matters, so we set our sights on the very best! Right now, we are looking for a seasoned, savvy Accounting Specialist to help us manage day to day bookkeeping, transaction processing, expense tracking and related accounting tasks.
Venturi’s Accounting Specialist acts as our primary bookkeeper, entering invoices, tracking expenses, processing payments and executing check runs. The work is varied and fast-paced, especially as Venturi expands into new sales channels, product categories and international marketplaces. As our new Accounting Specialist, you will act as the friendly face and first point of contact for our Finance Team, helping Venturi team members with basic accounting and reporting tasks, as well as managing 3rd party service providers for functions like payroll.
In Order to Succeed
Success in the Accounting Specialist role will take professionalism, persistence, and great attention to detail. You will also need a willingness to roll up your sleeves, solve problems and – over time – build better processes. In return for your efforts, you’ll have a chance to make a meaningful contribution from day one; to build positive, productive relationships; and to be a central part of a truly special organization. We will train you, we will support you, and we will give you clear direction.
- Entering and coding A/P invoices.
- Tracking and analyzing expenses.
- Executing weekly check runs.
- Entering electronic and paper customer payments in Venturi’s ERP system (Sage 100c).
- Managing, monitoring, and analyzing A/R in order to ensure positive cash flow.
- Assisting with critical month-end tasks.
- Assist team members with basic accounting and reporting requests.
- Filing and clerical duties as required.
Personal Attributes We’re Looking For
- Strong analytical skills.
- Positive, can-do attitude and enthusiasm.
- Exceptional attention to detail, organization, and time management.
- Proven ability to learn new computer systems, programs, and processes.
- Ability to thrive in a small team work environment, maintaining strong, positive working relationships.
Experience & Professional Skills You’ll Need
- 2+ years of hands-on bookkeeping and/or accounting experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business or related field preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite with advanced skills in Excel.
- Sage experience desirable, but not mandatory.
This position is a genuine opportunity to have fun AND grow your skills. You’ll have a clear role and responsibilities. You’ll have permission to fail, as long as you’re failing forward. You’ll have the chance to participate in valuable training/teaching/mentoring opportunities. And you’ll have a chance to work with seasoned entrepreneurs, in a fun, family-focused environment. Want in? Great – Impress us! If this job gets you excited, tell us why. Be yourself, speak from the heart. Show us who you are! To apply, please submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Salary commensurate with experience.
- In-person (Traverse City, MI).
- Generous benefits package, including health, dental, vision, life, IRA with matching, generous paid time off, flexible scheduling and a host of other meaningful benefits!
*Learn more here: https://www.venturi-inc.com/work-with-us/*Venturi is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.